“New to Colleges in the US” November 18, 2020 event with Linda Kirsch, Gunn College Counselor: https://youtu.be/j-9pskGECOc
- Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions by Jeffrey J.Selingo
- College Admissions During COVID: How to Navigate the New Challenges in Admissions, Testing, Financial Aid, and More (College Admissions Guides) by Princeton Review (Please note that this book heavily promotes test prep.)
- Colleges That Create Futures: 50 Schools That Launch Careers by Going Beyond the Classroom by Robert Franek
- Many colleges and universities have their own specific ways of calculating the GPA for admissions purposes. Here’s the University of California (UC) GPA calculator and the RogerHub calculator.
- Titan Planning Guide
- Gunn PTSA’s Parent Checklist for College Applications.
- Slides and notes from Paul Kanarak’s talk, Fact vs. Fiction in College Admissions from October 28, 2019.
- Notes from College Planning Roadmap with Syrous Parsay from May 21, 2018.
- Naviance Student is a web-based service used by Gunn students to plan and explore college options. For more information on how to activate a Naviance account, or other information about college and career services at Gunn, visit the Gunn College and Career Center.
- Gunn Counseling is excited to offer Naviance Test Prep—a valuable tool to help students prepare for the SAT and ACT exams. These test prep plans are free-of-charge to all Gunn students, and are a great resource to help with reaching post high school goals. You can also access an overview video at the following link – Naviance Test Prep. Please have your student see their counselor for more information!