The Gunn PTSA has awarded over $4,000 to the following student groups for projects this year. Thank you to all the people that gave donations during the Back-to-School fundraising drive. Your generosity helps bring these student-led school projects to life.
Grants Winter 2023
- Gunn Helios Magazine Club for printing costs
- Gunn eSports Club for upcoming tournaments
- Food for Gunn United Computations hackathon event
- Prizes for Gunn Math Competition
- CPR training materials for Gunn Red Cross Club
- Art Supplies for murals at Gunn by the National Art Honor Society Club
- Books for Gunn STEM Ethics Bowl Club
- Funds for Gunn Cartoons Club community events
- Gunn Tea Club to purchase food for pre-finals week stress relief
- Bike Club for bike stands and repair materials
- Computer Science Capstone class for Phone Jail materials
- Garden Club for seedlings for the school garden
Grants Spring 2022
- Gunn Math Circle awarded a buzzer system for countdown rounds for events open to all students to encourage having fun with math
- Gunn Competitive Programming Club for contest prizes
- Materials to construct a hammock for the Ceramics Classroom outdoor area
- Pizza to foster connection between incoming frosh and current Gunn students on shadow days (AAR project)
- Flyers and workshop materials for a Steps2College program and website being created by Gunn students with resources about and how to apply to college. (AAR project)
- Printing brochures, posters, and flyers for a program to help students that have experienced sexual abuse. (AAR project)
Grants Fall 2021
• Best Buddies Club for community building
• Chariot Magazine for printing costs
• eSports Club for prizes
• Math Club Competition for prizes
• Helios Magazine for printing the inaugural issue
• Gunn Hacks 8.0 for food for the event
• Jr & Frosh Classes to purchase a screen and projector for movie nights. Other classes and groups may ask to borrow the equipment.
• Garden Club for seeds, gloves, and soil for the school garden
• Bike Club for bike tools and parts to repair student bikes
Inaugural Grants Spring 2021
• $1350 to procure consumable materials and tools for The Village Studio. The Village Studio brings together minds from all disciplinary fields and helps foster creativity through project-based learning, unstructured curricula, and critical education. It is a creative center based at Gunn with a variety of tools to make things, from STEM/engineering projects to artistic endeavors.
• $1040 for the Gunn Video Production and The Gunn Film Club to screen films for the student body at film festivals and community movie nights with public performance licensing to legally bring the magic of movies to K-12 schools.
• $500 to Gunn Organic Gardening Club to create easy to grow seed packets for the Gunn community to start gardening around Earth Day in April.
• $500 to pay for 7.5 months of technology services required for Tutorbook – an online platform used for Gunn’s peer tutoring program.
• $300 to the SEC Wellness Program for the purchases of prizes to encourage participation in the school wide mental health conference in March.
• $250 to buy prizes to encourage 11th grade students to use Gunn’s free Naviance test prep services.
• $210 to the Gunn eSports Club for prizes for a Spring eSports tournament
• $200 for the printing and translation of a student created brochure to educate the Gunn community on the importance of the Covid-19 Vaccine.
For questions, contact email@example.com