Student Led Projects: Inaugural Grants Spring 2021
Gunn PTSA announces the following inaugural grants have been made to support students in creative and engaging ways. Thank you to all parents that gave donations to the PTSA in the fall. Your generosity helps bring these student-generated school-wide projects to life.
- $1350 to procure consumable materials and tools for The Village Studio. The Village Studio brings together minds from all disciplinary fields and helps foster creativity through project-based learning, unstructured curricula, and critical education. It is a creative center based at Gunn with a variety of tools to make things, from STEM/engineering projects to artistic endeavors. * Grant is conditional on there being staffing to open and supervise the studio this academic year.
- $1040 for the Gunn Video Production and The Gunn Film Club to screen films for the student body at film festivals and community movie nights with public performance licensing to legally bring the magic of movies to K-12 schools.
- $500 to Gunn Organic Gardening Club to create easy to grow seed packets for the Gunn community to start gardening around Earth Day in April.
- $500 to pay for 7.5 months of technology services required for Tutorbook – an online platform used for Gunn’s peer tutoring program.
- $300 to the SEC Wellness Program for the purchases of prizes to encourage participation in the school wide mental health conference in March.
- $250 to buy prizes to encourage 11th grade students to use Gunn’s free Naviance test prep services.
- $210 to the Gunn eSports Club for prizes for a Spring eSports tournament
- $200 for the printing and translation of a student created brochure to educate the Gunn community on the importance of the Covid-19 Vaccine. Grant is conditional that the school nurse approves the content of the brochure.
Gunn PTSA has always supported many student events and activities. Our Staff Grants also pay for classroom and school-wide programs that support students in creative and engaging ways. We know Gunn students have amazing ideas, too! So PTSA is awarding Grants to bring student-generated school-wide projects to life. PTSA looks to fund student-led projects that promote growth and learning. Student Grants were available for up to $500 per request (larger amounts may be considered). Funds must be for projects in the current school year, and spent by May 28, 2021.
- PTSA is looking to fund student-led projects that promote growth and learning opportunities.
- Projects or programs need to be open for all Gunn students to participate.
- Applications must include a Gunn staff advisor.
- Funds cannot be used as a pass-through to another group’s events or non-profit’s mission (e.g. Prom, donation to another non-profit) or for co-sponsorship without express permission from PTSA.
- Funds should not be used for personal items, like hoodies/shirts/meals, that exclusively benefit club or group members.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for membership, entry or competition fees.
- If applying on behalf of a Gunn club, the balance of the club’s account will be taken into consideration.
- PTSA may ask Grant recipients to report back on their experiences and outcomes.
Grants requests will be reviewed by a committee of five people, including two student officers from SEC, two members of PTSA’s Executive Board, and the Student Activities Director.
For Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org