Gunn will be part of the Challenge Success Consortium in the 2019-2020 school year.
We will be changing the narrative/school climate and structure at Gunn. Last time we were part of Challenge Success the team:
- Shared Challenge Success school survey data with parents and faculty
- Implemented schoolwide wellness and SEL campaigns and curriculum
- Expanded student wellness clubs and leadership opportunities including ROCK, flextime yoga, student wellness committee and commissioner, …
- Hosted student fishbowls and feedback sessions to encourage conversations between students and staff
- Worked on Districtwide homework policies to reduce load and increase engagement
- Explored opportunities to alleviate test and assignment stacking
- Worked on standards-based grading practices
- Implemented block schedule with weekly flextime to enable students to self-manage homework/study schedule
- Implemented later start times (since 2017), and blended learning classes
- Held career exploration day to broaden students’ definition of success
- Held post-secondary GAP year/community college fair
This time, we hope to work on similar large projects. Stay tuned!