COVID-19 Safety Measures for Volunteers: To keep teachers and volunteers safe, all parent volunteers are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Take your temperature and COMPLETE QUICK “ONLINE COVID-19 SELF-SCREENER” ON DAY OF VOLUNTEERING BEFORE COMING ON CAMPUS
- Wear a face covering. Plastic gloves will be provided, but you may bring your own if you prefer.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance at all times.
- Use provided hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
There are many opportunities to volunteer at Gunn. Volunteers log thousands of hours at school every year. We value your contribution and we could not do it without you!
Volunteering is a great way to meet other parents, make new friends, and get more involved in the school. If you are interested in any of the following roles or teams, please sign up here. We welcome new energy and ideas!
- Career Speaker Series Committee (assisting Gunn CCE staff and PTSA’s Parent Lead in recruiting speakers and logistics)
- Staff Hospitality Team (leading and planning staff appreciation events with PTSA VP and volunteer coordinator and Gunn Administrators as needed)
- Student Activities Program Support (planning and supporting activities for students with SEC as needed)
- Turkey Feast (assisting the PTSA VP in planning and hosting the Turkey Feast)
- Health & Wellness (working with the Gunn wellness staff in educating and planning health & wellness events for the Gunn community)
- PAUSD+ support (supporting Gunn administration in implementation of this new Gunn program as needed)
- Virtual parent socials and mixers (organizing virtual parent social meetups on zoom)
- Parent Ed Team (assisting the PTSA Chair in planning and supporting Parent Education efforts)
- Zoom/Online Team (supporting and advising speakers and hosts)
- PTSA Ad in The Oracle (creating content with the PTSA President for the school newspaper)
- Measure O Parcel Tax (assisting the PTSA team in phone banking and promotion)
- Miscellaneous School Support Tasks (on demand as needed)
If you have questions please contact Jen Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.