Here are some resources to help support student(s):
As that conversation takes place, please remember the following:
- Adult role models play an important role in promoting protective factors in children, such as resiliency and connectedness.
- It is important to provide opportunities for your child to express their feelings in a safe environment.
- How children grieve is unique to their developmental stage as well as their life experience.
- Grief and depression are two different states of mind; grief is a typical response to loss while depression is marked by specific, more chronic symptoms such as pervasive sadness or anxiety, loss of interest in previous activities, feelings of hopelessness, etc.
- If you’re concerned about your child’s well being, please reach out to your school counselor or private health provider.
- We remain dedicated partners in increasing the health and well being of our children and community.
24/7 Crisis Text Line: text HELLO to 741741
Text from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving. All of our Crisis Counselors are volunteers, donating their time to helping people in crisis.