Here are some resources to help support student(s):
Gunn SELF Program – The purpose of SELF is to develop students’ empathy, resilience and other core social-emotional skills; help students build trusting relationships with their peers and mentors; and establish spaces where they feel safe and supported.
“EQ in your PJs”
(Building Emotional Smarts during COVID. Four 5-minute videos per topic)
- Managing Stress before it Manages You
- Navigating Relationships in Close Quarters
- Bouncing Back from Challenges
- Schooling from Home Successfully
24/7 Crisis Text Line: text HELLO to 741741
Text from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving. All of our Crisis Counselors are volunteers, donating their time to helping people in crisis.
Please remember the following concerning your child’s wellness:
- Adult role models play an important role in promoting protective factors in children, such as resiliency and connectedness.
- It is important to provide opportunities for your child to express their feelings in a safe environment.
- How children grieve is unique to their developmental stage as well as their life experience.
- Grief and depression are two different states of mind; grief is a typical response to loss while depression is marked by specific, more chronic symptoms such as pervasive sadness or anxiety, loss of interest in previous activities, feelings of hopelessness, etc.
- If you’re concerned about your child’s well being, please reach out to your school counselor or private health provider.
- We remain dedicated partners in increasing the health and well being of our children and community.