Dear Gunn Community,
Have a wonderful summer vacation and enjoy time to reconnect with family and friends. Our volunteers will do the same. Please continue to check Gunn PTSA website and Gunn High School Website/Calendar for news.
You may also read through Gunn101 for more information.
Click here to see the newly elected 2022-2023 Executive Board and Standing Committee Chairs.
The election took place on April 14 at the General Assoc. Meeting via Zoom.
Staff Grants Spring 2022 – Deadline was in April
Student Led Grant Awards
Thank you to all the parents that gave donations to the PTSA. Your generosity helps bring these student-led school projects that benefit Gunn students to life. In the second and final round the PTSA made these awards totalling almost $2,000. Click here to see the fall grants.
- Gunn Math Circle awarded a buzzer system for countdown rounds for events open to all students to encourage having fun with math
- Gunn Competitive Programming Club for contest prizes
- Materials to construct a hammock for the Ceramics Classroom outdoor area
- Pizza to foster connection between incoming frosh and current Gunn students on shadow days (AAR project)
- Flyers and workshop materials for a Steps2College program and website being created by Gunn students with resources about and how to apply to college. (AAR project)
- Printing brochures, posters and flyers for a program to help students that have experienced sexual abuse. (AAR project)
Join Gunn HS PTSA
A hallmark of Gunn High School is the strength of its community and the vibrant connection between staff, students and parents. The high level of membership participation in Gunn PTSA demonstrates one important measure of this strength. Your membership supports the programs and projects of the Gunn PTSA, strengthens the PTSA voice of advocacy at the policy level, and makes you a part of a national effort to improve the education, health and welfare of our children, youth and families. PTSA membership costs $8 per member. If you haven’t done so, please join the PTSA to benefit the Gunn community and children across the nation.
PTSA Announces Approved Grants for Student-led Grants
Grants Fall 2021
- Best Buddies Club for community building
- Chariot Magazine for printing costs
- eSports Club for prizes
- Math Club Competition for prizes
- Helios Magazine for printing the inaugural issue
- Gunn Hacks 8.0 for food for the event
- Jr & Frosh Classes to purchase a screen and projector for movie nights. Other classes and groups may ask to borrow the equipment.
- Garden Club for seeds, gloves and soil for the school garden
- Bike Club for bike tools and parts to repair student bikes
Information from Fall Semester 2021
Back-to-School Online Link The packet contains important information about the school and the many organizations on campus, how to join the PTSA, and opportunities to donate to Gunn school, Gunn PTSA, and PiE.
See the Back-to-School Welcome Letter for new and returning Gunn families from the Gunn PTSA Executive Board.
See Principal Wendy Stratton’s Welcome Back Letter for Parents 2021-2022
Getting to Gunn HS
Please refer to the school website for more information on walking or biking maps, bus schedules and driving (parking or dropping off). There is construction on the Gunn High School parking lot. Please refer to the Principal’s letter or school website for the most up-to-date information related to the construction and how it may affect driving into and out of the main parking lot. Parking Permits for Seniors only: click for info here.
Vaccines4Teens: In the Spring, the Gunn PTSA awarded a grant to a student-led project for the printing and translation of a brochure to educate the Gunn community on the importance of the Covid-19 Vaccine. We are pleased to announce that it has gone live: Please visit vaccines4teens.org
Konstella is the new Parent Communications Platform. PAUSD will only give us your information if you answered “YES”, and you will be included in Konstella, and start receiving messages from PTSA. Subsequently you can also register on Konstella with the email id that you provided on Infinite Campus. If you said NO or do not remember your choice in Infinite Campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email ID with which you would like to join, your and your child’s full name and grade.