- Paul Brown: Harmonicas and songs to students in special education.
- Kristen Owen: Focus on Success Program.
- Todd Summers: Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphones (SAGOMIC) for recording music.
- Mike Camicia: Bead blaster unit and abrasive for the auto tech program.
- Raquel Cuevas Ceja (first year teacher, Futures Program): New electric range and refrigerator for working on vocational skills to prepare students for life after high school.
- Kristy Blackburn, Diane Ichikawa and Jordan Wells (American Lit English teachers): Class sets of three graphic novel titles that show a range of the American experience not currently provided by core texts. In addition, they will create a lending library.
- Ana Maria Gonzalez Barrios: iPad Air and Apple Pencil to help with remote teaching.
- Takeshi Kaneko: iPad Air, Apple pencil and external monitor to better facilitate whole-class interaction/small-group support and to enable better management of Zoom, Schoology, and other necessary apps simultaneously.
- Sandy Conklin (Special Education): Cash register, laminator, panini maker, coffee maker, gift tags, two hand mixers and coffee to boost Coffeeology menu and support the dog biscuit business.
- Daljeet Gill and the library staff: More ebooks and audiobooks including purchasing 3-4 copies of books that teachers can use for book clubs, classes or groups of students who want to read a book together outside of class. Funds donated directly to the library by parents will also be used for this purchase.
Staff Grant Application Information
2020 – 2021 Gunn Titan Staff Grants
Next Deadline: Friday, January 8
The Gunn PTSA announces the Staff Grants process for the 2021 year with $10,000. Our guidelines are listed below in order for our Staff to understand the process and criteria. All Staff are encouraged to apply. Decisions on grant approvals will be made mid January 2021.
Goals of the PTSA Staff Grant
PTSA has financial resources to share with all Gunn teachers and staff to promote innovative teaching methods. This seems especially poignant this year. Grants will be considered for classroom or school-wide programs that teach or support students in creative and engaging ways.
Grants are available up to $2,000 (larger amounts may be considered). Grant amounts must include tax and shipping, and a cost estimate for each item to be purchased as part of the grant proposal. Funds must be spent by May 28, 2021.
Requests for hardware/software can be considered if first approved by the Gunn Tech Supervisor. The PTSA cannot commit funds for post-purchase multi-year support.
How to Apply
Before filling out the online application, please ensure the following:
- Your departmental IS has reviewed and approved your grant proposal (and Gunn Tech approved hardware or software requests)
- Your amount includes tax and shipping, and will be spent by May 28, 2021
- Now, go ahead and complete the Gunn PTSA Staff Grant online application.
The Gunn PTSA Budget Committee (which includes Gunn’s Principal) reviews all grant requests after the application window closes on January 8th. All grant applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision soon after.
Ordering and Payment Process
If your application is approved, teachers/staff shall work with Hindi Hipp (Gunn’s Budget Secretary) for all orders, shipments, and payments related to the grant.
Thank you for supporting our students! Have questions? Contact Audrey Gold, VP of Ways and Means (firstname.lastname@example.org)