The PTSA supports Gunn teachers and promotes innovative teaching methods by giving Teacher Grants every year. Grants of up to $2000 are considered for classroom or school-wide programs that teach students in creative and engaging ways.
Requests for hardware/software can be considered if first approved by the Gunn Tech Supervisor (PTSA can not commit funds for post-purchase multi-year support).
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted Friday Sept 13 – Friday Sept 27, 2019. The PTSA will notify applicants no later than Friday, October 4, 2019. Grant proposals must include tax and shipping and a cost estimate for each item to be purchased. Funds must be spent by May 29, 2020.
1. Prior to filling out the online application, please complete this checklist:
- Your departmental IS has reviewed and approved your grant proposal.
- You have approval from Gunn Tech (for hardware or software requests).
- You will spend the grant this school year.
2. Fill out the Gunn PTSA Teacher Grant online application.
3. The Gunn PTSA Budget Committee (which includes the Gunn principal) reviews grant requests after the application window closes. All grant applicants are notified in October of the committee’s decision.
If your application is approved, teachers/staff work with the Gunn Budget Secretary for all orders, shipments, and payments related to the grant.
Thank you for serving our students and families!