PTSA Announces Staff Grants
The Gunn PTSA announces $18,000 to be awarded to gifted Gunn staff. Proposals are due October 13, 2023. See more detailed information and the application here.
Goals of the PTSA Staff Grant
- PTSA financial resources are shared with Gunn teachers and staff to promote innovative teaching methods and programs. Grants are considered for classroom or school-wide programs that teach or support students in creative and engaging ways.
- Grants are available up to $2,000 per applicant (larger amounts may be considered). Grant amounts must include tax and shipping, and a cost estimate for items to be purchased as part of the grant. Funds must be spent by May 30, 2024.
How to Apply
Before filling out the online application please do the following:
- Have the departmental IS review and approve the grant proposal (and Gunn Tech approved hardware or software requests)
- The amount must include tax and shipping and will be spent by May 30, 2024.
- Requests for hardware/software can be considered if first approved by the Gunn Tech Supervisor. The PTSA cannot commit funds for post-purchase multi-year support.
- Complete the Gunn PTSA Staff Grant here.
If the proposal is approved, teachers/staff shall work with Gunn’s Budget Secretary for all orders, shipments, and payments related to the grant. Staff are encouraged to support local business when purchasing items. Funds cannot be carried forward to next year.
Some of the Fall 2023 Grants include –
- D. Linsdell for 2 benches installed at the Village.
- A. Kinyanjui for Umbrellas installed at outdoor tables in the Village.
- S. Friendland for Calculators for Algebra 2 classes.
- D. Ichikawa for Yoga class supplies.
- D. Leftwich / K. Langdon for Video Camera for live streaming Spangenberg Theatre events.
- A. Su for 12 Portable Light Tables for art classes.
- Click here to be inspired by more past awards
Thank you to the parents who generously donate so we may support our staff! Have questions? Contact Samina Shetty, VP of Ways and Means (email@example.com)