PTSA Announces Staff Grants
The Gunn PTSA announces $25,000 to be awarded to Gunn staff. Proposals are due October 14, 2022. See more detailed information and the application here.
Goals of the PTSA Staff Grant
- PTSA financial resources are shared with Gunn teachers and staff to promote innovative teaching methods and programs. Grants are considered for classroom or school-wide programs that teach or support students in creative and engaging ways.
- Grants are available up to $2,000 per applicant (larger amounts may be considered). Grant amounts must include tax and shipping, and a cost estimate for items to be purchased as part of the grant. Funds must be spent by May 31, 2023.
How to Apply
Before filling out the online application please do the following:
- Have the departmental IS review and approve the grant proposal (and Gunn Tech approved hardware or software requests)
- The amount must include tax and shipping and will be spent by May 31, 2022.
- Requests for hardware/software can be considered if first approved by the Gunn Tech Supervisor. The PTSA cannot commit funds for post-purchase multi-year support.
- Complete the Gunn PTSA Staff Grant here.
If the proposal is approved, teachers/staff shall work with Gunn’s Budget Secretary for all orders, shipments, and payments related to the grant. Staff are encouraged to support local business when purchasing items. Funds cannot be carried forward to next year.
Some of the Spring 2022 Grants include
- Timothy Young for alternative seating options (wobble stools) that support movement in the classroom which may help some students focus
- Michael Bautista for Graphing Calculators for math classes matching school funds
- Jeanette Tucker for special motivational materials for students that may need a reminder of hope and support.
- Terence Kitada for LEGO art sets for SELF classes
- Katherine Ja for props, seating, bookmarks, and art supplies
- Daissy Tabares for framed posters and fidget toys
- Click here to be inspired by more past awards
Thank you for the parents who generously donate so we may support our staff! Have questions? Contact Pilar Hsu & Samina Shetty, VP of Ways and Means (email@example.com)