Here are some resources (pdfs) to help you support your student(s):
As that conversation takes place, please remember the following:
- Adult role models play an important role in promoting protective factors in children, such as resiliency and connectedness.
- It is important to provide opportunities for your child to express their feelings in a safe environment.
- How children grieve is unique to their developmental stage as well as their life experience.
- Grief and depression are two different states of mind; grief is a typical response to loss while depression is marked by specific, more chronic symptoms such as pervasive sadness or anxiety, loss of interest in previous activities, feelings of hopelessness, etc.
- If you’re concerned about your child’s well being, please reach out to your school or private health provider.
- We remain dedicated partners in increasing the health and well being of our children and community.
Director of Wellness & Support Services