Welcome to Gunn!
This is information to get you off to a good start.
First, check out the Gunn High School google calendar.
Gunn has an all-school calendar which is in the right sidebar of this web page. In the bottom right corner is a + sign you can use to subscribe. Keep an eye on this calendar every week for student and parent events, and special schedules.
Sign up for PTSA’s eNews
Gunn’s PTSA offers a weekly eNewsletter called Gunn Connection with up to date events happening on campus, our community, and booster updates. This is free and you can sign up at https://gunn.paloaltopta.org/enews/ We offer translations in many languages.
Make sure you stay informed about parent events for your student’s grade
Join your student’s Parent Network. Gunn’s PTSA offers every parent/guardian an opportunity to stay connected with parents/guardians in each grade. Meetings are held monthly, topics vary based on the student’s grade. Questions? Please contact the chairs listed here. The parent networks send out information with events and topics of interest to parents.
Accounts – make sure you and your student have the accounts you need
Students should have Infinite Campus and Schoology accounts from previous years, but if they do not, they should sign up for one at http://id.pausd.org . Their username will be their student id number. Students should immediately change their passwords. Parents also should have a family account, all their children should be under that own account.
Students must have a physical and register before they can try out for or join an athletics team. The procedure for registering is here. Team schedules, photos, calendar and the athletics store can be found here at gunnathletics.com. Individual teams organize themselves differently, contact your coach to make sure you are following the correct site.
Student athletics are not covered by school funds. They are provided for through a suggested donation of $200 per student per sport, and through sports boosters which covers shortfalls for individual sports. Please click the links to donate. The programs will not run if they do not have sufficient funds.
Gunn has a 1:1 Chromebook program called the Future Ready Framework. The school provides students who would like one, a free Chromebook for all four years of school. The chrome books do not need to be returned at the end of the year, freshman students could keep their chrome books for all four years. Students who would like a chrome book will be able to pick them up before school, or at lunch from the Tech Office E3 at Gunn starting Monday, August 13th, and running all the first week of school.
If your student needs to buy school branded items, event tickets, or bus passes, there is an online web store for the Student Activities Center. Clothing is available, monthly bus passes, student membership, tickets to dances, subscriptions to the Gunn Oracle (the student newspaper), and other event tickets. Items can be paid for online, and your student can then pick them up in room K-6.
PE Uniforms are required for PE. They can be purchased at the Student Activities Center on campus 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. room K-6.
Gunn High School has a parents page a wide variety of resources for parents.
- How to apply for Accommodations for standardized testing.
- How to contact the Attendance office and how to report absences to them.
- The Back to School packet for 2018-19.
- Downloadable school forms like medication, and financial assistance forms, and more
- How to sign up for Infinite Campus (where grades are stored).
- How to sign up for meal service, and request free and reduced lunches.
- Get help for, and meet other parents of, special needs students through the Palo Alto CAC.
How to sign up for Schoology (where homework assignments and materials are stored)
- Transportation – how to get to Gunn, with bus schedules, biking, and walking maps, and more.
- VTA bus service to Gunn students in the morning and afternoon with special routes. There are 2 routes 88L and 88M, their regular schedule is here. There is an email list you can get on that provides all the changes to the regular routes – for tests days… Subscribe here. Monthly passes start being sold early September at the student SAC. Last year they were $15 a month. Normal youth fares are $1 per ride, they take quarters.UpToUs our online family directory
Signing up is easy as http://www.uptous.com/communities/gunn .
Login: use your e-mail address
New to UpToUs?: you set your password
Already an UpToUs member?: Sign in using your existing password, if you forgot, select forgot password to reset
On-line Directory: The directory is available to all families. You may choose which information is displayed in the directory. To access it, click on the “Directory” Tab at the top of the Gunn UpToUs site. Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.